Belladonna Rose Esther Dahlia Ferncider (her friends call her Donna) grew up in a “traditionalist” agricultural commune. Well, traditionalist except that everyone had been genetically engineered to look like gnomes, halflings and dwarves of fantasy fiction. She is 3 feet tall with chibi-eyes, dagger ears, and hair like a fuzzy black lamb. She hated her rural life,and feels the space exploration will feed her wanderlust and take her far far away from the farm.
She’s a space pilot who breaks all the rules, fond of trick maneuvers in combat. Because of her appearance she sometimes has a hard time being taken seriously. She compensates by wearing nearly constantly wearing a flight jacket with emblazoned with patches from all the missions and expeditions she’s been on. She’s living the adventures she’s always wanted, so she typically has a broad smile and is happy and well liked, by humans and AIs alike.
- High concept: pilot who breaks all the rules
- Trouble: “Who needs backup?”
- Aspect: need for speed
- Aspect: button masher
- Aspect: “What can I say, the AI likes me?”
- +4 Piloting
- +3 Acrobatics, Scan
- +2 Blast, Intrusion, Making
- +1 Cosplay, Might, Empathy, Networking
- Trick Maneuver: when you succeed in evading damage using piloting, you opponent takes one stress, or two if you succeed with style.
- Pecking, Ordered: In an unfamiliar social setting, you can immediately understand the power structures involved.
- DPS: you can choose to at +2 to your melee attacks at the cost of you opponents inflicting +2 damage if they succeed in hitting you.
Gamil Bolivar, starship engineer, is often seen carrying with a big wrench that he uses both to fix things and also to protect the weak.
He’s rather athletic, both enjoying the great outdoors and as the captain of a zero gravity water polo team.
He’s a shameless flirt, and seems to have a girl in every spaceport.
- High concept: Starship Engineer with
a Big Wrench
- Trouble: “I protect the weak.”
- Aspect: “Wait, I have another idea…”
- Aspect: zero-gravity water polo champion
- Aspect: a girl in every starport
- +4 Making
- +3 Survival, Combat Arts
- +2 Blast, Acrobatics, Scan
- +1 Cosplay, Might, Intrusion, Science (Physics)
- The Great Outdoors once per session, you may reduce a moderate consequence to a minor one, by luxuriating in the great outdoors.
- Not OSHA Compliant +2 to attacks you make in fights that take place in engineering related settings: workshops, factories, etc. Create an aspect to note the dangerous element of the setting giving you this edge.
- Training montage once per session you can prepare for you next combat, gaining +1 to all melee skill checks in that scene
Leslie Lachance is a shape shifting gender fluid first contact specialist (current pronoun: he) A historian of old earth and famous cosplay champion, he uses both these skill sets to help the team interact with the new societies they discover. Charismatic, he is, perhaps a bit too popular and ambitious.
- High Concept: shape shifting first contact specialist
- Trouble: too popular for my own good
- historian specializing in pre-stellar Earth
- ambitious and hardworking
- famous cosplay champion
- +4 Cosplay
- +3 Networking, Scholarship
- +2 Empathy, Acrobatics, Combat Arts
- +1 Intrusion, Scan, Making, Blast
- Mission Control +1 to all attempts to create advantages for other players when you aren’t present but can communicate.
- Suspension of Disbelief Once per session, you can take +2 to any roll where a character you are cosplaying would have an advantage.
- Research Montage you can use your Scholarship skill to quickly accomplish tasks that would normally require extensive investigation or research, even when a library or archive is not available. You must explain how you came to research this topic in the past
Tanya Parks is straight shooting science officer and a polymath, who the team can rely on in investigations in many different fields from astrophysics to forensic pathology. She’s also skilled with heavy plasma weapons: her motto: “Science advances one funeral at a time.” It is true that she can be easily distracted by shiny objects and scientific anomalies.
- High Concept: straight shooting science officer
- Trouble: Oh, shiney!
- Science Advances One Funeral at a Time
- Mistakes Lead to Success
- My Destiny is in the Stars!
- +4 Science
- +3 Blast, Acrobatics
- +2 Cosplay, Networking, Empathy
- +1 Making, Scan, Survival, Piloting
- Polymath: your science skills applies to all realm of science
- That’s Funny: once per session you can succeed at any Scan roll, create an aspect to describe the scientific anomaly that drew your attention
- Plasma Weapons are Messy: After you successfully shoot a target, they gain the aspect “on fire”